Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just Wallpaper

Life can be busy. It's oftentimes really hard to wade through all of the meetings, hangouts, hours of homework and hours of procrastinating in a given week to hear God's voice.

When Zara and Clay came up with this blog idea and asked me to design it, I wasn't sure how I was going to fit it on top of everything else that I've piled on my plate nestled between the mashed potatoes and some peas. I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

One of my friends completely rebuilt my laptop last week, leaving me with no background for my desktop or designing software to design a nice header for this blog. I instantly went to the website where I got my last background to smother it's ingenious design across my desktop. Curtis Honeycutt of the blog Just Wallpaper is the designer. A crazy thought entered my head of using one of his graphics. Stealing it wasn't an option. Some silly notion in my heart told me to email him about using one of my favorite desktop backgrounds as the header of this page.

I clicked send on the email (or rather enviar as my email is in Spanish). I instantly felt as though I was asking a ridiculous request. It took precious time, love and vision for Curtis to create this graphic, why would he freely give it away?

I got an email back from him today. He is freely opening his graphic genius for our use as the header of our blog here. When I was unsure, when I felt ridiculous, when I felt embarrassed, God whispered in my ear. He spoke to me through Curtis' email saying that he loved me and it was all going to be taken care of.

Phillipians 4:6 says to "not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Matthew 6:34 says to "not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I hope you enjoy the blog.
Please blog yourself.
Check out Curtis Honeycutt's other graphics as he is a fantastic designer and has some great insights on his blog as well.

===========
Ashley Karlen
Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment